MEMBER OF KAMPOT PEPPER PROMOTION ASSOCIATION
FARMLINK is the first registered member of KPPA (Kampot Pepper Promotion Association) and recognized as a Kampot Pepper Packager since 10/04/2009. FARMLINK is registered number id C001.
Kampot Pepper Promotion Association (KPPA) creation :
The Kampot Pepper Promotion Association (KPPA) is an inter-professional association created for the defence and promotion of the producers’ know-how and the name and quality reputation of Kampot pepper, for the benefit of producers, traders and consumers.
KPPA is officially created on 03 October 2009 with the support of the Ministry of Commerce and AFD (Agence Française de Développement/French Agency for Development) by GRET (Groupe de Recherche et d’Echanges Technologiques) and CEDAC (Centre d’Etude et de Développement/Cambodian Centre for Study and Development in Agriculture) organizations. KPPA is leaded by 1 president (Mr. NGUON Lay, pepper producer) and 2 sub-presidents (Mr. TOT Minkalim, representative of Farmlink company and Mr. EM Trou, pepper producers).
To achieve the objectives, KPPA has the following missions
- Prepare the book of specification of Kampot pepper, and apply for its registration as a protected geographical indication under the GI law of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Create relations and cooperation between Kampot pepper producers, traders, organizations and relevant institutions;
- Promote the reputation of Kampot pepper by the improvement of its quality and prevention of infringement or misuse of Kampot pepper name;
- Prepare and implement the internal control system to ensure the quality and origin;
- Identify and cooperate with the external control agent;
- Train members and develop their capacities to produce Kampot pepper in compliance with the book of specifications;
- Examine and make decision on the application of producers or traders who have the objective to use the Kampot pepper label;
- Update the figures on production based on the information provided by producers and traders of Kampot pepper;
- Maintain the register of producers and traders accredited by the external control agent or institution and communicate relevant information to members, and control agent or institution and to Geographical Indication office upon request;
- Take necessary legal measures to protect the name of Kampot pepper from misuse or infringement.
- And any other mission needed to achieve the association’s objective.